Calling all sweet tooths! If you’ve been following Earth HQ for a while, no doubt you’ve already learnt that being healthy doesn’t have to mean giving up dessert. No matter what particular treat you’re craving, it’s likely you’ll be able to substitute the ingredients to make a sugar-free, paleo or vegan version. Take this delicious recipe for paleo cacao waffles, in which The Merrymaker Sisters have used almond meal, coconut milk and raw cacao powder to tick all the boxes. This recipe makes around 6 waffles.
2 cups almond meal
1 cup coconut milk
3 tbsp raw cacao powder (or carob powder)
1 tbsp maple syrup (optional if you want no sweetener)
1 tsp 100% vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
- Turn on your waffle maker and let it heat up.
- In a blender, whiz all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Place large spoonfuls of batter (about 1/4 cup but this depends on your waffle maker size) onto the waffle maker.
- Cook for around 6 minutes, they’ll crisp up and turn into delicious waffles!
- Continue until all the batter is used.
- Add your toppings of choice, such as fresh berries or extra maple syrup.